About the College
Welcome from the Founding Dean, Dr. Frederick Whitt
About the College
Appalachian's College of Health Sciences opened in 2010 as the result of a strategic university
commitment to significantly enhance the health and quality of life for individuals, families and communities in North Carolina and beyond.
The college offers 16 undergraduate degree programs and four graduate degree programs, which are organized in six departments: Nursing, Social Work, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Nutrition and Health Care Management, Health and Exercise Science, and Recreation Management and Physical Education.
Students who choose the College of Health Sciences will learn in a collaborative model of education, research, and clinical outreach using state-of-the-art facilities. The college also emphasizes internships, research with faculty and study abroad experiences.
You and your classmates will graduate as life-long learners who apply contemporary research to professional practice and who provide quality services in a respectful and caring environment.
- Nearly 3,400 students
- A student-teacher ratio of about 15:1
- Nationally recognized and highly trained faculty and staff
- More than 95 percent of faculty members hold the highest degree in their field of study
- Faculty are energetic, outstanding teachers and scholars who are committed to their students
New College Officially Begins
Appalachian State University's College of Health Sciences officially begins operations July 1 - and to help kick off the new college, the new website for the Health College and its departments' websites are all officially launched July 1 as well.
Departments and Programs
- Social Work
- Communications Sciences and Disorders
- Nutrition and Health Care Management
- Health and Exercise Science
- Recreation Management and Physical Education
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Institute for Health and Human Services
- Human Performance Lab- North Carolina Research Campus
D. D. Dougherty Hall
ASU Box 32170
Boone, NC 28608
STUDENTS PLEASE CONTACT:
Director of Student Services