At the beginning of each term the Registrar’s Office notifies eligible students of the required procedure to apply for graduation. Failure to apply means failure to graduate. The deadline for applying is published each semester on the Registrar’s web site. Students must meet all, at minimum, the following requirements to graduate:
- Minimum of 122 – 128 semester hours
- At least 50 semester hours of credit must be from a senior (4-year) institution.
- The last 30 semester hours of credit must be from Appalachian State University.
- At least 18 semester hours of credit in the major must be from Appalachian State University.
- At least 9 semester hours of credit in the minor must be from Appalachian State University.
- All major and minor specific requirements met
- All Core Curriculum or General Education requirements met
- All Special Designators or Designations met
- All “I” (Incomplete) grades removed from transcript
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 or 2.5 for Education majors
- Minimum GPA requirements must be met
- All accounts must be cleared (library, housing, financial aid, etc.)
- All addt'l departmental and major-specific requirements